Sunday, December 4, 2011

Some photos from my newest series!

Summer Breeze
Make Yourself at Home

These are some photos from a series I titled "Beautiful Abandonment."  I found this old empty farm house out in the middle of no where in north central Kansas a few months ago, and I was very intrigued by it.  I am drawn to roughed up, deteriorating textures, so this house was right up my alley.  With the help of my boyfriend, I gathered enough courage to go inside the house (I just knew we were going to get sprayed by a skunk or something, but we didn't!)  We looked around, and I started picturing furniture in each of the rooms. I imagined a baby's crib, decorations, curtains, and many other things.  I thought it would be really fun to layer photos of these things with the photos of the aging rooms.  I love contrast in values (dark and light) in all my photography, and with this series I have been playing with other forms of contrast, like old and new, smooth and rough, ect.  And with the titles too, I wanted to give each photo a warm, comforting, peaceful title, to contrast the torn up, worn down walls of each room. 
I aim to put this series in an art show someday, so if you would like to see more you will have to come to my show :-P I hope you enjoy looking at these as much as I've enjoyed creating them! 

2 comments:

  1. These are great Sarah!! I know of a place where an explosion/fire happened. It's outside of Wichita so send me a message on facebook if you want to meet up to take photos of the building. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo that could be cool! Hmm, when to do it though...I will let you know on facebook!

    ReplyDelete